Wednesday 12 September 2012

Thoughts on Chanel Coco Noir







Hello Lovelies,

The New Coco Chanel Perfume was released a couple of weeks ago - The first of the big Autumn perfume launches and I was very keen to sample it.

The SA at John Lewis advised last week that one of the incredible things about a new Chanel scent is that so many customers do not even request a sniff of the tester before they buy it - as far as they are concerned it is Chanel and they must have it! Chanel have launched Coco Noir as a Perfume only to keep the scent super pure - there is no eau de toilette version for this baby. The 50ml is priced at £75 and the 100ml is £106. 

So I sprayed the tester liberally and waited until the scent was is at it's truest and I have to say it is beautiful. It is as grown up as No 5, but with a hint of naughty about it. It has oriental base notes which make it very exotic and it just smells so good! The bottle of course is going to look great on your dressing table too. Next time you are at the perfume counter please have a spritz - you really won't regret it.

Here is the geeky bit!

Top notes: grapefruit, Calabrian bergamot, Heart: rose, narcissus, rose geranium leaf and jasmine. Base: tonka bean, sandalwood, vanilla, patchouli and white musk frankincense. Coco Noir was created by Jacques Polge and Christopher Sheldrake.


Well I knew PC was away this week so Jools showed a rare moment of restraint at the Chanel counter and (regretfully) walked away and crossed my fingers that it would have hit the airport.

It had!



The price for the 100ml in Duty Free was £84.80, so was worth waiting a few days!
I have wasted a lot of time sniffing my wrists today and it is much
nicer to have it bought for you as a gift than buy it yourself!!!!!

and I have a little wardrobe piccie for you



I put all my little a/w accessories together - they are now all ready and waiting to be worn.
Judging by the temperature tonight - it is going to be very soon - my feet are freezing!



Thanks for reading x







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good that it is now available at the airports. Just hope that next month still available as sold out in local House of Fraser store!!! Just love it and very few perfumes I can wear.