Friday 9 May 2014

Don't you love a new discovery …………….




Hi Lovelies,

Our silly weather still shows no signs of wanting us to wear summer clothes. It is so windy and blowy outside today that my s/s outfits are no closer at all to making it to the front of the closet!

I have been aware of '& Other Stories' for a while now. I knew that they are owned by H&M, but that the aesthetics are very different. I have seen a few of their dresses and really liked the cut and shape - they remind me a lot of Cos who also create some incredibly cut pieces at reasonable prices.
But I was not aware that they had guest designers who design collaborations for them, very like H&M do.


Well this all changed this week when I found one single picture of a dress and it was game over for me!

ERRR ……… WOW!

When I saw the picture I thought perhaps it was a Roksanda Ilincic dress (with more than an echo of an old style Hollywood Dior dress) It was absolute complete and instant lust.

 but no!

It is designed for '& Other Stories' by a Russian designer called Vika Gazinskaya.
I have never heard of her, but research has led me to find that she is hugely popular in Europe as - and I quote! A Russion Street Style Star/ IT Girl and Designer (busy girl huh!)


Her mainline dresses command super high prices. It is not difficult to see why.

Well, this dress just is everything - I love the tiny waist, the flared skirt, the bust shape and the sleeves!
I spoke to & other stories via email who advised that the collection will be available to purchase
in the UK from 15th May and that the dress is an incredible £75!


It has a subtle jacquard pattern in the fabric and on the belt.



Isadora Dress - Vika Gazinskaya for & Other Stories

Whilst I was trying to find any more information and pictures I found that the department store Colette in Paris were getting the pieces first and that pieces were in stock today ………
well …. what is a girl to do !! It actually works out even cheaper as the price is in Euro's making it £61.30 - with UPS delivery it actually becomes the exact same price as it will be in the UK.
I really want to wear it out for dinner on my birthday and you know by now I am not good at waiting surely!

Here are some other pieces from the collaboration ……...


The collaboration is full of multi-coloured polka dot prints, scribble prints and apparently her trademark is using volumes and natural fabrics which she has included in this capsule collection.
It's fun, feminine and a tiny bit kitch! Surely nothing to not love about that! The most expensive piece will be £125 with prices starting around £40



I love this one too!





All of these pieces will be available to purchase from & Other Stories stores and website from 15th May and are available now at en.colette.fr

You can view the link HERE!

There are so many things I would love to try!
I will review the dress as soon as it arrives - I hope it is as gorgeous as it looks


Thanks for reading and have a fabulous weekend x

No comments: