Friday 16 March 2012

Friday - Theres no place like home!





Hi Lovelies,

Well we are back home. Thanks for all the lovely messages yesterday, the funeral went really well.

After missing my blog last night I have to make this a good one right!

My brother in law's partner wore the Marni for H&M Blue spotted Suit to the funeral. Isn't it always the way - the only collection that I was determined to not get sucked into turns out to be a really good one! - Sonja you looked fabulous and now I really do need to find the black coat that I blogged about last week!






We had a walk along by the sea front this morning - it was freezing (although when isn't it in Devon!) but it was good.

I realise when I am away from home, how much of a City Girl I really am. I don't find it in the least bit quaint that restaurants want to close at 8.30 pm and the staff are so miserable. I really do need to be close to a coffee bar or I get jittery! More than anything, I appreciate how friendly everybody is (really!) and how lucky I feel when I get back! There truly is no place like home.

The Austrailian Designer Collette Dinnigan's A/W 2012 catwalk show was beautiful. I adore her intricate lace and bead work, and I still have one of her dresses that I wore to a friends wedding over 10 years ago - it is proper vintage now!

Some pictures of the show are here, to give you an idea of how beautiful her Clothes are.







They are pretty gorgeous right! And Christian Louboutin designed the shoes and boots with the intricate lace on them - J'adore! (let's cross our fingers that they release them for A/W)

Well the great news is she has bought out a diffusion line, offering the same detailing but a little more affordable and called, inventively .........


A lot more work went into the designs than the name!! At the moment, Net-a-Porter, Matches and Selfridges are stocking pieces, so I have picked a few to show you below.




Collette by Collette Dinnigan Ginger Lace Dress £435




Bird Print Cotton Dress £325



Cubana Lace Dress £275



Floral Print Silk Satin Dress £275



Also available in a Maxi length - £375 - as seen on a Kardashian
(not sure this style on her is the best advertisement for it really)


My lust have item of the day are these gorgeous gingham shoes by Miu Miu




Miu Miu Gingham Taffetta Slingbacks £370

How cute are they!!

Thanks for reading. Hope to have some reveals for you tomorrow :)


You can view lots more of my pictures at http://what-jools-wore.tumblr.com/

No comments: