Tuesday 8 January 2013

Black and White - but never negative !!!




Hi Lovelies,

Today has been quiet - the kind of day you dream about having when the holidays are in full swing and it is full-on and manic the entire time. But the reality is that I really miss the girls for the first few days when they go back (which is odd seeing as they spent most of the holidays napping - you don't see that much of teenagers during the day!)


My Mulberry bag has now been despatched so I will hopefully be able to show you lots of piccies of her tomorrow. How exciting!

Emma Stone looked incredible last night.
She wore Lanvin to the Premiere of Gangster Squad
(although this dress will not be available to mere mortals until A/W 2013!)



She has worn Lanvin for some huge events recently and is forming a strong partnership with them.
She wore the designer for the Golden Globes, the Met Gala and the Instyle Oscars Party, so
maybe expect to see more as the awards season starts!


I am definitely drawn to the classic look of black and white just now.
I think it is because we have had so many months (or maybe it just seems like months)
of drab colours, that introducing the white but keeping the failsafe back up of black with it,
makes it seem very fresh and wearable right now.........

I would love these from Zara



Two Tone Black & White Trousers - Zara £39.99

I have this blouse from Topshop which I think might work fabulously with them!
(and my Louboutin shoe boots would make it an outfit!)


Bell Sleeve Blouse - Topshop £38

Zara have really embraced the black and white theme



Combined Studio Top - Zara £39.99


Studio Striped Top - Zara £39.99


and my Dreamy Dress alert of the day is this one



Alexander McQueen Spine Lace Jacquard Dress £795


It was really interesting to hear your views on skirts last night too. It seems most of you are with me on always choosing a dress over a skirt, as it is a no brainer!! Very few were actually pro the skirt!

I have found a few High Street Alternatives though - all in a very similar, mad men, fitted style
 I think this does suit so many shapes - and they are really reasonably priced.


Plum Curve Hem Skirt - Asos £25


\
Zip Detail Pencil Skirt - Asos £20


Flocked Spot Print Pencil Skirt - Asos £20


Thanks for reading x

No comments: